সরাসরি প্রধান সামগ্রীতে চলে যান

The Traveler and the Stranger

1.
The traveler said, "here, have some water."
The stranger did not know his language, but smiled at him after drinking the water. He was so thirsty!
If only eyes could talk, the stranger's eyes were saying, "Thank you, traveler. I love you." The traveler replied, "I love you too."
(November 4, 2016)

2.
The traveler said, "Oh, what a beautiful day it is! It's sunny outside."
The stranger asked, "What it feels like to be out in the sun? And how the world appears in sunlight?" For he was a blind man, he did not have vision.
The traveler replied, "Come! I'll take you out in the sun. Perhaps you will feel it too."
Then they sat on grass under the warm sunlight of winter. The stranger had his eyes closed, but he could almost see it in the warmth of the sun, as the traveler kept on describing:
"The yellow leaves on the trees are looking like gold plates, a white dove just flew over us, and it's beautiful wings reflected the sunlight right on my eyes, and here comes another bird..."
No one else knew that a piece of heaven came down there for the traveler and the stranger. It was that beautiful.
(November 5, 2016)

3.
The stranger said, “Why did you come to me? You know that water becomes unclean when it flows through dirty channels.”
“Yes, then it goes to the ocean, and comes back clean again,” the stranger replied with a smile.
(November 6, 2016)

4.
“I have come from a very distant place, and I’ve not come here to stay,” the traveler said; even though he knew it would make the stranger sad.
“But please settle this time! You have traveled enough,” appealed the stranger, while trying to hide the tears. “You’re the only place I find peace in.”
“I’m a storyteller, and I will tell my stories to you; but dear, do not ever be sad over that which has not befallen you. The future is always uncertain. Rather, enjoy the moment,” said the traveler in a gentle voice.
(November 8, 2016)

5.
“O traveler! I too had beautiful memories. Oh how I tried so hard to cling to them; but I could not. I failed to keep all the colors,” said the stranger despairingly.
“Don’t worry, just let them go. If you hold onto old memories, how will you accommodate new ones? You must let go of some things to make room for new. We have limitations,” replied the traveler.
(November 11, 2016)

6.
“We have been living under this tree for quite some days, and I feel that winter is coming. Let us build a house,” said the traveler. Then they worked so hard to make a house!
It was a one room house, a small one. There they used to make small fire inside, just to keep themselves warm while the traveler was saying all his stories. Oh how beautiful those days became! They created all the colors nobody has ever seen; and that became a new story for the traveler. As for the stranger, it was a miracle in his life.
(November 23, 2016)

7.
“Don't cry, dear stranger! I see pain has lowered your wings. But smile! The next moment is your flight,” said the traveller in a soothing voice. Then they hug each other. There was heavenly warmth there till the sun.

(November 27, 2016)

8.
“You've been listening to the wrong stories all along. You know what? These people, they don't have something new to offer. They have been trying to fit themselves in the same old stories. They think they know exactly what to do; but look at them! They're completely lost,” the traveller was saying to the stranger.
“How do I know that yours is not the same? How can I trust you then?” The stranger tried to put an argument.
“You have to! If you listen to me, at least it won't get any worse, because you're lost anyway. So be patient, and trust me. Even if you've been betrayed a thousand times. I am yet another spark of hope in your life.
Most of the sparks die quick, but some cause enough fire to keep you warm in the dark winter nights,” replied the traveller with a mysterious smile.


(December 5, 2016)

9.
“Can you see the dots? Breaking free from typical stories, I created my own path. Those crazy decisions have carved my life, created this me. Do you not like it? So why ask me to settle? I am a traveler by nature!” the Traveler continued. “Please don’t bind me to home! Rather come! Let’s start walking a new path, a story that no one has ever written. Excitement every moment, a new joy every day.”

(December 25, 2016)

10.When my heart grows soft in a calm morning, tell me, O traveler, do you feel that too? 'Coz my eyes have been wet last night, and the morning breeze put me in a sweet surrender, and I fell asleep.


-- Stranger.

(January 16, 2017)
11.
Come and hold my hand
Once again
Like a true guide
Not a lover
From your touch
I broke free from the love of the world
But fell in your love instead
Now come! and hold my hand once again
And give me the kiss of death
For I want to love you
Like --


The stranger stopped the traveler and said, “You don’t have to say the last line. Now I know that you have been reading me like a book all these days.”
The traveler replied with a smile, “You are mysterious, so I try to read.”
“You are more mysterious, I don’t even know your letters,” replied the stranger.


(February 9, 2017)


12.
"It was late night, and I couldn't sleep. I had a feeling that I have to tell someone simply the words - I love you - but I couldn't think of anyone. Then I looked at your face. You were sleeping and your face looked so calm that I quit my thinking. I loved the greeting "Peace" instead."


"But this sleep of mine is a gift from you, O Traveler!" Replied the Stranger.
(March 19, 2017)

13.
“The feelings that I wanted to hold dear are long gone. My tears turned into blood and now they flow throughout my body. I don't cry anymore, and you suppose I am alright? My whole existence is crying, O Traveler, can you not see!”
- “You are at the mercy of your Beloved. But come! Let me give you a hug and whisper to you words of longing. What else can a lover do?”
(August 17, 2017)

14.
“O Traveler! Do you too get tired like me?”
-- ”The curse of being a traveler is always with me. Writing stories carelessly, and afterwards the burden of it -- it all is part of the curse.”
“So is our love?”
-- “Maybe. But at least your kiss upon my cheek is a beautiful pain to endure.”
(October 19, 2017)

15.

মন্তব্যসমূহ

এই ব্লগটি থেকে জনপ্রিয় পোস্টগুলি

শিয়া-সুন্নি বিরোধ সংক্রান্ত গুরুত্বপূর্ণ কিছু প্রশ্ন এবং উভয় পক্ষের জবাব

শিয়া-সুন্নি বিভেদ ও দ্বন্দ বহু পুরনো বিষয়। এই দ্বন্দ নিরসনে ইতিহাসে বহু দ্বীনি ব্যক্তিত্ব বৃহত্তর মুসলিম ঐক্য প্রতিষ্ঠার চেষ্টা করেছেন। বিপ্লবের পরপর ডা. জাকির নায়েকের ওস্তাদ আহমদ দীদাত ইরানের যান এবং সেখান থেকে ফিরে এসে শিয়া-সুন্নি ঐক্য ডায়লগে তাঁর অভিজ্ঞতা তুলে ধরেন, যা আমি এক সপ্তাহ আগে অনুবাদ করে প্রকাশ করেছিলাম । যা-ই হোক, এই দ্বন্দ নিশ্চিতভাবেই মুসলমানদের জন্য একটি নেতিবাচক ও দুর্বলতার দিক। এমনকি তা অনেককে চরমপন্থার দিকেও নিয়ে গিয়েছে। আগে যেই শিয়া-সুন্নি দ্বন্দ আলেমসমাজ ও কতিপয় জানাশোনা ব্যক্তির মাঝে সীমাবদ্ধ ছিলো, বর্তমান সহজ তথ্যপ্রযুক্তির যুগে তা প্রায় সকল লেভেলে ছড়িয়ে পড়েছে। দেখা যাচ্ছে যে, একদল আরেক দলকে এমন অনেক অভিযোগ করছে, যেগুলো হয়তো শিয়া-সুন্নি উভয় আলেমই অগ্রহণযোগ্য বলে বাতিল করে দেবেন। তবে তথ্যের অবাধ প্রবাহের একটি সুবিধা হলো, এতে মিথ্যার প্রচার যেমন অতি সহজ, তেমনি একইভাবে মানুষের দ্বারে সত্যকে পৌঁছে দেওয়াও খুব সহজ। আমি ব্যক্তিগতভাবে শিয়া ও সুন্নি উভয়কেই মুসলিম ভাই বলে গণ্য করি। কিন্তু তাদের বৃহত্তর ঐক্যে পৌঁছানোর ব্যর্থতা, পরস্পর শত্রুতা ও প্রেজ

ইমাম খোমেনীর জীবন : এক ইসলামী বিপ্লবের ইতিহাস

রুহুল্লাহর গল্প ইমাম আয়াতুল্লাহ রুহুল্লাহ আল মুসাভী আল খোমেনী। বিশ্ব ইমাম খোমেনীকে প্রথমবারের মত চিনেছে ১৯৭৮ সালের শেষাশেষি , যখন ইরানের রাজতন্ত্রের বিরোধিতা করার কারণে তিনি ফ্রান্সে নির্বাসিত ছিলেন। প্যারিসের অদূরে বসে ইরানের শাহ মুহাম্মদ রেজা পাহলভীর বিরুদ্ধে ইমাম খোমেনীর ঘোষিত যুদ্ধ এবং আমেরিকা বিরোধী কঠোর বক্তব্য এক অভূতপূর্ব মিডিয়া কাভারেজ এনে দিলো , এবং ইমামকে বিংশ শতকের অন্যতম বিপ্লবী চরিত্র হিসেবে পরিচিত করলো। পত্র - পত্রিকা আর নিউজ বুলেটিনে তাঁর ছবি ভরে উঠলো। এই ছবি বিশ্বের অসংখ্য মানুষের কাছে , বিশেষতঃ পশ্চিমা বিশ্বের কাছে নিতান্তই অপরিচিত ছিলো। সাদা দাড়ি এবং কালো পাগড়িধারী এই মানুষটিকে দেখে মনে হতো যেনো ইতিহাসের পাতা থেকে সময় অতিক্রম করে বর্তমানে চলে এসেছেন। তাঁর সমস্তকিছুই ছিলো নতুন আর অপরিচিত। এমনকি তাঁর নামটিও : রুহুল্লাহ। আর দুনিয়ার অসংখ্য পলিটিশিয়ান ও সাংবাদিকদের মনে যে প্রশ্নটি নাড়া দিয়ে যাচ্ছিলো , তা ছিলো : কী ধরণের বিপ্লবী মানুষ এই খোমেনী ?

শিয়া-সুন্নি ঐক্য ডায়লগ এবং আহমেদ দিদাতের ইরান অভিজ্ঞতা

(লেখাটি পিডিএফ আকারে ডাউনলোড করতে এখানে ক্লিক করুন। ) আহমেদ দিদাত ( ১৯১৮ - ২০০৫ ) এর নাম হয়তো অনেকের অজানা থাকবে। তবে ডা . জাকির নায়েকের নাম নিশ্চয়ই অজানা নয়। ডা . জাকির নায়েকের বর্তমান কর্মকাণ্ডের অনুপ্রেরণা হলেন আহমেদ দিদাত। আহমেদ দিদাত , যিনি কিনা ডা . জাকির নায়েকের নাম দিয়েছিলেন " দিদাত প্লাস " – পৃথিবীজুড়ে ঘুরে বেড়ানো এবং তুলনামূলক ধর্মতত্ত্ব নিয়ে লেকচার দেয়া ছিলো তাঁর কাজ। যাহোক , ১৯৭৯ সালে ইমাম খোমেইনীর নেতৃত্বে ইসলামী বিপ্লবের মাধ্যমে ইরানে ২৫০০ বছরের রাজতন্ত্রের অবসান ঘটে এবং ইসলামী ইরানের জন্ম হয়। বিপ্লব - পরবর্তী ইরানে ভিজিট করেন আহমেদ দিদাত , সাক্ষাৎ করেন ইমাম খোমেইনীর সাথে এবং নিজদেশে ফিরে এসে ১৯৮২ সালের মার্চ মাসে তাঁর অনুভূতি তুলে ধরেন। আহমেদ দিদাতের নানা বিষয়ে বক্তব্য ও চিন্তাভাবনা বাংলা ভাষায় কিছু না কিছু পাওয়া যায়। কিন্তু শিয়া - সুন্নি ঐক্যের এই গুরুত্বপূর্ণ বিষয়ে তাঁর চমৎকার বক্তব্যের অনুবাদ কোথাও না পেয়ে সবার সাথে শেয়ার করার উদ্দেশ্যেই অনুবাদ করে ফেললাম। আরেকটি বিষয় উল্লেখ করা প্রয়োজন। মূল অডিও কোথাও কোথাও শুনতে বা বুঝতে অসুবিধা